Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We're Decking the Halls!!

Who is that sexy beast with me?!!  I made an impulse buy a few weeks ago when I was looking for Nutcracker tickets and they were sold out.  I ended up buying tickets to "Linda Eder Rocking the Holidays".  Now neither Ben nor I had ever heard of her but I have to tell you the concert was pretty good.  The snowbirds were in full fledged attendance and we felt a bit out of place but I really enjoyed her Christmas songs.  She does a really impressive version of Silent Night.  So all in all it was a pretty enjoyable night!!

Christmas Lists
Maddie's list...
At the church party Bailey was very concerned about talking to Santa because she did not think she had been good enough.  She wanted a little more time to prepare and get on the good list!!
She asked Santa for a horse!

Our little christmas elf helping set up the tree...
Decorating the gingerbread houses...

Our Tree!!!

My favorite nativity Ben gave me last year....
Lights on the cactus...
Merry Christmas!!!

5 comments:

The Alvords said...

You guys have been busy! The gingerbread houses and the tree look great. I'm so jealous you get to play Santa for a little one. I can't wait for those days, I'm sure they make Christmas that much more exciting.

Gooch Family said...

You know you live in Arizona when you put Christmas lights on a cactus. First of all, what is with "Vans with laces". Matt & maddie both have that on their list and I'm a little confused. Don't shoes always come with laces?? I must be really out of things! Bailey also makes me laugh, she is so funny when it comes to Christmas. I hope she is writing Santa a letter this year because last years letter was awesome. I hope you saved that. I also love that she is wearing her red pajamas this year. I guess she finally came around to liking them. I think this year you should stick to getting her some pink or purple ones though so there's no drama when she opens them :)

becca said...

I love the decorated cactus! I e-mailed you guys, but I don't know if I have the right addresses. Will you e-mail me and tell me good places to eat and fun things to do in New Orleans? I have a friend who is going next week and told her I'd ask you. I only remember a few of the places we went. Merry Christmas!

wonky5@hotmail.com

ecuakim said...

Oh man, I love this post! I've gotta remember to post Clark's future letters to Santa. (He's not ready this year...but 2009 will be a different story because he'll be three!)

Oh, and I used to wear Vans in Junior High, so I know that there are Vans with laces and there are the slip on variety...that's right, NO LACES! :) I'm feeling SO SMART right now!

Rachel said...

You guys are too cute. Love your family! Thanks for the comments on the blog. Good way to keep tabs on each other!