Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Lack of Blog Posts

I am going to be better about documenting our life!! I don't know why I think I have to have the perfect pictures and story to go along with them before I actually sit down to write about it. Every post does not have to be the perfect blog post. I also want to make sure I am documenting both sides of my family equally, it is very easy to talk about my side (the Gooch side) but I have not been as diligent in blogging about Ben's side of the family. I want my kids to have a history of all the parts of our family. I have also been thinking a lot about this past summer. We tried to pack in as much family togetherness as possible before Riley left on his mission. It is still so hard for me to comprehend that we won't see Riley for two years. Gosh, those 19 years went by so fast! Here are the pics from the MTC. That morning we got up, finished Riley's packing, gave him a blessing, stopped for some breakfast and then dropped him off. It went by so fast. We figured we didn't need to dress up in church clothes at the MTC since we only had about 5 minutes there at the most.We stopped at Great Harvest for some cinnamon rolls and a Jamba Juice that morning. They have changed their cinnamon rolls they are not as good as before ...just letting you know!!
Our last hug goodbye......
We took a quick picture before we got in the drop off line......

We took some of Riley's friends out to lunch the day before for one last shebang at the Brick Oven. He only hugged the boys! We love you Riley and are so proud of you!!

1 comment:

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

Ok so we need Riley's address!! Triston has colored a few pictures for him and Quinn and I want to send him a letter. Can't wait to see some new posts with the pics you take from your new camera! Quinn was telling me about it and it sounds awesome. Quinn is feeling the need to upgrade now. ;) sounds like you guys are crazy busy. Keep us posted!