Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

We have been in full blown valentine making mode lately and I have to say I am ready for this holiday to be over.  Bailey is quite the artist but is also quite messy when she is in the midst of it.  I am constantly cleaning this area about twice a day.  On the plus side, I always have fresh artwork for my fridge!! 


Ben and I spent our 20th Valentine's Day together at a baseball tournament for Matt.  We had a tough decision to stay in Tucson and watch Matt or go to Las Vegas for a volleyball tournament for Madeline.  Neither of us wanted to be alone and we are going to Utah in a few weeks so we decided to stay in Tucson.  We had a great night last night.  We put Bailey to bed, Matt spent the night at a friends, Maddie left for Las Vegas, and Ben and I watched a movie and he gave me a foot rub.  Tonight we barbecued steaks with grandpa and grandma Gooch and had a delicious dinner.  So it was nothing glamorous, but it felt good to have a nice relaxing weekend at home.  I still remember our first valentine's day together-To bad for you, I am going to keep the juicy details to myself!!

4 comments:

Lora Gooch said...

A foot rub? Way to go Ben!

Gooch Family said...

You have quite the little artist on your hands! That is nice you guys got a night alone together, I bet that doesn't happen too often, woot woot :)

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

I love weekends were you can just be home and not have a million things to do. So when are you guys coming to Utah? You know you are welcome to stay here at the Gooch casa!! We would love it!

maline said...

Her creativity can't be stifled with neat-ness!! Savanna does the same thing and I find bits and pieces all over the house. Sounds like a nice valentines with most of the kids out of the house! We went into the city for dinner which was so nice. Carla assured me she had everything under control with all the kids!