Friday, February 20, 2009

Socks, Anyone??

Yesterday I finally tackled the task of matching up all the socks in our house.  We had a laundry basket full of socks that had been dug through for weeks because no one wanted to tackle the job.  After finding all the matched socks I could, I still had this pile of mismatched socks.  I was on a mission now, so I ventured into my kids rooms and looked under beds, behind dressers, dug through gym bags, cleaned out the bottom of closets, and checked all their drawers.  Well I found a few stragglers, but what I really found is that my kids take their freshly folded laundry and shove it in their drawers.  They were a mess, seriously not a thing folded in any drawer.  So guess what they got to do after school, yeah, clean up their clothes I dumped in a pile on their floor.  I think they knew they were caught because there was very little protesting.  So six hours later, everything is washed in our house and I still have this pile of mismatched socks.  Where do they go!!  Maddie and Matt keep telling me they need more socks and blame Riley for taking all the good socks up to school when he was here at Christmas.  We have serious sock issues!!  I thought not having Riley's socks around would make a difference but it hasn't and how sad is it that I spent my entire day yesterday matching socks!  But I have to say I felt great satisfaction seeing all those matched socks folded up and put away, now I just have to figure out what I am going to do with all these leftovers-- and have the fun job start all over again in a few days......

6 comments:

Lora Gooch said...

I think the dryer eats them!

Gooch Family said...

Dave claims the dryer eats just his socks, however only his socks get lost, kind of funny. I have a friend that just throws all her socks in one big bin,like what you were saying, but then never worries about wearing matching socks and that solved the problem. You could try that :)

ecuakim said...

Wow. That is one HUGE pile of socks. This lady in my ward had the same problem and she ended up buying safety pins and making her kids pin their matched socks together before throwing them in the laundry. My problem is that I am the only one with mismatched pairs! I have no idea what happens to them!!! Too bad I can't blame it on my kids! :)

Tiffany Kay said...

Finally! Cute AND cheap baby/toddler stuff! CHECK IT OUT!
www.pocketzfullofpoziez.blogspot.com and
www.polkadotsndaisies.blogspot.com

Kimberlee T said...

Poor Riley all those months of getting the blame...but seriously where do all the socks go? Did they break up with their mate? Are they hanging out a singles bars?

Mieke said...

We had the same problem in our house growing up. We just tossed all the socks in a laundry basket and when we needed a pair we had to go find the mates. The problem was, we also had a huge laundry basket of socks with no mates - how sad! I have absolutely no advice, just wanted to commiserate a bit with you :)